Technical Support Engineer
Our Technical Support Engineers are responsible for a variety of functions, including customer support, quality assurance, and other technical activities. They communicate with our clients, from technical teams to business leaders, on a daily basis.
What you will be doing . . .
- Providing technical support to SeeUnity customers and partners
- Troubleshooting product issues and ensuring the quality of software within customers’ environments
- Analyzing and solving problems within the SeeUnity product suite, 3rd party software, network, security issues, and Windows server configurations.
- Conducting Quality Assurance and testing of products
- Acting as an intermediary between the customer and our developers
- Collaborating with other functional teams and roles
- Managing multiple support cases simultaneously
You should apply if you . . .
- Enjoy working with and supporting customers via email, phone, and web meetings
- Are inquisitive and determined to find the root cause of issues experienced by customers
- Can analyze client environments and make recommendations based on client business needs
- Have good project management skills including work planning, estimating, meeting facilitation, and issue resolution
- Have experience with or exposure to Microsoft Windows Administration
- Require minimal supervision
- Enjoy problem solving
- Can work in either team or independent environments
- Have 2 to 5 years of technical support experience
Required Technical Skills and Abilities …
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems (experience administering client and server environments, File Management/Folder Structure, Registry Editing, NTFS (file sharing) Permissions, Group Policy)
- Experience with Networking (troubleshooting network related issues, utilizing TCP/IP, ping, IP Addressing, Ports…FTP, DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, Windows File Sharing, Routing, Firewall knowledge, VPN Connectivity understanding
- SQL – Able to perform basic administration functions (Create Users and Databases, understand security models and access, etc.). Ability to write basic SQL queries.
- Experience with VMWare Workstation configuration and usage
- Experience with Remote Support tools—WebEx, GoToMeeting, TeamViewer, and RDP
It would be awesome (but it’s not required) if you . . .
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in something relevant such as Computer Science, CIS, or Engineering
- Have experience with Microsoft SharePoint, Salesforce, or Dynamics
- Have knowledge or experience with the ECM industry and are familiar with platforms such as OpenText eDOCS, OpenText Content Server, EMC Documentum, IBM FileNet, Alfresco, NetDocuments, iManage, or HighQ
- Have experience with Microsoft .NET, SQL Server, and/or networking concepts
- Feel like a pop star while wearing a headset
Why you would want to apply . . .
- Your opinion and expertise will be valued and heard.
- We get to work with companies around the world.
- Careers are malleable at SeeUnity; you can make your own path and are constantly presented with new opportunities to learn.
- Our company provides a laid back atmosphere that puts family first.
- We give generous paid holidays and PTO.
- We reimburse a portion of the health plan of your choice.
- We offer flexible schedules.
- We offer other awesome stuff that you can read more about on our careers
If this sounds like something you are interested in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and your cover letter, resume, and examples if you have them!